I started a brand new blog, dedicated to addiction and to the thousands upon thousands of addicts like me, who just can’t seem to get away and stay away from drugs of any kind. It’s new here on WordPress, and the name I came up with is completely weird, chew on it for a bit, and if you can’t figure out what it means, please let me know and I’d be happy to explain…It’s a meaningful name to me.
Addiction is a serious issue. No one should struggle through it alone. I myself have been struggling through this time completely alone; my husband alienated all of my family from me years ago, and every time I attempt to make things right, he somehow sabotages it so that my family mistakenly thinks I’m back with him so they cut me off again, just to get and keep away from him. The problems in my family have most definitely contributed to my drug use and abuse. Even though I have a mental health degree–a Bachelor of Art in Psychology with a minor in Child Development and Abnormal Behavior, I still have a real problem with being able to apply what I have learned to myself.
This blog is for all of us addicts, the bad ones, the short-timers and long-timers, the ones who OD or commit suicide– addiction touches everyone’s life in one way or another. This blog is written by someone on the drug side of addiction. It’s a scary place to be. I can’t believe I got through it, healed and started my life over and got going shockingly well, only to relapse back into another form of addiction.
You’re welcome to hit me up and let me know if you ‘re interested in being a contributor to this blog. Email me at email@example.com and briefly tell me your story… what you are/were addicted to, how long your journey was, the worst thing that happened, what made you decide to quit if you did quit, and how do you feel about drugs now? Honestly…you can tell me, I really would like to hear real, sincere stories and I know that not everyone is going to say they have quit or that, if they have quit, that it was the right decision for them. I would love to get a good variety of stories.
You don’t have to contribute to this new blog in order to have your story featured on it. Please, send me a photo (it doesn’t have to be a face shot) along with your detailed story and a good contact number as well as what time of day is best to reach you, and I will contact you back.
It would be great if you would start your story with, “My Name is ________ and I’m a ________ Addict”. But if that makes you uncomfortable, do it however you wish. Looking forward to getting more readers….!
- Drug addicts ‘can quit smoking’ with additional therapy (medicalnewstoday.com)
- Percocet Overview: Addiction Signs, Withdrawal and Treatment (casapalmera.com)
- Addiction to Drugs and Alcohol are Serious, but can be Helped (addictions.answers.com)
- Frequently Asked Questions About Substance Abuse and Treatment (alcoholism.answers.com)
- Major Long Term Effects of Heroin Use (alcoholism.answers.com)
- 7 Myths about Prescription Painkiller Addiction (tjgypsyhippie.wordpress.com)
- Recovering from Addiction (addictions.answers.com)
- OxyContin Overview: Addiction Signs, Withdrawal and Treatment (casapalmera.com)
- Why Addiction To Prescription Drugs Is So Dangerous (casapalmera.com)