Remember these guys? I absolutely love this song, and I am able to rap it word-for-word, beginning to end. It was a good message then, and it is now. I love how their rap songs had absolutely no cussing or inappropriate language of any kind.
Anyhow, this song is about how sometimes, PARENTS JUST DON’T UNDERSTAND! I vowed to not be one of those parents, and I absolutely am (not one of those parents). I am the most understanding parent in the world and my kids tell me everything. Unfortunately for Fresh Prince in this song, he could not tell his parents everything. Or anything, so…he ends up in some trouble at the end.. it’s a fantastic song, I love these guys!
- DJ JAZZY JEFF & SKILLS, Shortee Blitz, Mr Thing & Spin Doctor – SUN 6TH OCTOBER @ PLAN B @TheDocsOrders @ParkStreetPR (trickstasworld.com)
- DJ JAZZY JEFF x MONTREALITY // Interview (acknowledgektl.com)
- Road To Recovery: Little Usher Making A Comeback With A Dose Of “Fresh Prince” (PHOTOS) (globalgrind.com)
- Lab Art Gallery Presents: The Fresh Prince of Street Art, Skyler Grey (katblanca.com)
- This Day in Black History: Sept. 10, 1990 (bet.com)